If you have any questions during the conference (Sunday 1/28 – Wednesday 1/31), please call or text 314-479-2893
Notes about Sunday Afternoon / Evening
- There is a viewing of the movie “Silence” at from 3:00-5:45
- There is no group meal Sunday evening. However, the restaurant at the Convention is open until 7:00 pm
- 7:00 – First full group session, with Lori Cornell on “Revisiting the Crossings Method for 2019 and Beyond”
- 8:15 – Full group session continues with Hymn Sing – “The Songs of Silence”
If you’re flying to St. Louis
- Please take the MetroLink train to the Memorial Hospital Station stop in Belleville; Crossings can provide ground transportation from the train station.
- The MetroLink line begins at the airport. Ticket machines are inside the airport on the second level.
- Get on the train marked “Shiloh-Scott”. (This is Red Line.)
- Get off at the Memorial Hospital Station stop
- Regarding getting back to the airport: on Wednesday, we will arrange carpools to get you back, either directly to the airport, or to the train station
- Depending on the time of day, the train leaves every five to twenty minutes and takes approximately 55 minutes to reach Memorial Hospital station. Make sure you validate your ticket at the validator before you get on the train. (You can be fined if you don’t.)
- Once you are on the train, call the Crossings Conference hotline (314-479-2893). That will help get a volunteer driver to you faster. If you choose this option, please send an email to Cathy Lessmann (our Conference Coordinator) from you ahead of time with your flight arrival information.
If you’re driving to the conference
- Good directions available at: http://snows.org/contact-us/directions/
- In general:
- Our Lady of the Snows Retreat Center is 15 minutes east of downtown St. Louis
- You want to get onto I-255, and you can do so from I-55, I-70, I-270, or I-64
- Once on I-255, take exit 17A, which is Illinois Hwy 15. You will be going east. In about 2 miles, at the top of the hill, the retreat center is on your right. There is a stop light at the entrance.
- Once on the grounds, stay right at every option, and you will end up at the hotel
If you have any special needs, such as for a handicap-equipped hotel room, or special dietary requirements, please let Cathy know ASAP. The hotel desk is open 24 hours. It offers free WIFI. More about room services is at: http://snows.org/guest-services/hotel/
Special notes for Presenters
Crossings will provide the following:
- PA system with handheld and headset/lapel wireless microphones
- Projector and screen, with HDMI input
- You need to provide your adaptors from your device to HDMI
- Dedicated laptop
- If you’d prefer to count on the dedicated on-site laptop, please send your presentation materials in advance (to Candice) so that we can download to the dedicated laptop
- If you need more than that or have any other questions, let us know in advance by contacting Candice